Tuesday 11 December 2012

Figurative Artist Research: Pablo Picasso



I’ve noticed that in Pablo Picasso’s figurative work he likes to take the human figure and anatomy back to its most primordial shapes and forms. The bold colours used give it a very abstract feel and is also reminiscent I think of stain glass windows. He uses thick black lines to show facial features again picking on their basic forms rather than minute detail. I admit I am not a huge fan of his work although I understand the reason for his success as his take on figurative art is very unique and extremely striking to look at. I feel that in these two pieces he distorts the shapes that create the figure to shoe the twistedness and disfigurement of the human condition. For example the first one to me looks like a warped sense of beauty where how the women is posed she believes she is radiant, but from an outside perspective she is warped and unflattering to the eye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment