Wednesday 24 October 2012

Creatures Project Artist Research: Cara Enteles

Cara Enteles is an American artist who works in New York she states “My work is an exploration of when nature, conflicts within and with man. I aim to explore man’s need to conquer and control nature. Specifically I am interested in the adverse results of these actions.” Cara Enteles creates these breath-taking pieces on aluminium panels or acrylic sheets with give a reflective sheen which she says portrays the ever changing light in nature. She then builds on it by painting on transparent coloured acrylic sheets. I love her work as I feel it really portrays the dynamic messiness of nature and the the metallic effect shows really well the confliction with mankind almost portraying mans blinded view of nature missing its beauty completly in the muted reflection of the metallic sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment