Monday 28 January 2013

Character Assignment Artist Reproduction Gordana Curgus


For the character assignment we were asked to reproduce a piece of art from one of our figurative artist research and I choose to do an interpretation of Gordana Curgus's piece Dream. Although she had originally created this piece using acrylic paints I felt more comfortable using watercolors as I could build up the colour slowly however this meant the colour didn't come out as bold as the original piece but I do feel I at least captured the essence of the palette she used. This was by far my most ambitious piece through means of water colour as I have only done small creature studies using this media previously and had mainly done any character art in pencil or fine-liner  Overall I am happy with how this piece turned out although my attention to detail on the face and hair could have been better.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm this artist Gordana Curgus, whose painting you used as sample for your art. I do appreciate you parsing my paintings, but would love that you first asked my permission for this project, since this is covered by copyright. Sincerely,
    Gordana Curgus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry for the incovenience I have caused you I thought as this was strictly for acedemic purposes I wouldn't have needed your permission but it was an oversight on my behalf.

    I have no intention of taking any credit for your inspiration and creativity and I hope there was nothing in this post to suggest otherwise.

    Because of the nature of my course at college we have had to post all of our coursework through blogger, but I deeply repect you as an artist and if you wish for me to take this post down I will without hesitance.

    Regards,

    John Forrest

    ReplyDelete